Cobham SATCOM faces new opportunities in our satellite and radio communication business. Therefore, we are looking for a candidate to lead our software team with in Pandrup whose mission is to contribute to the development of Cobham SATCOMs portfolio of satellite and radio communication products. We are looking for an accomplished people manager with a passion for technology and software development who will help bring our high-tech vision to life. We hire talented, motivated people and give them responsibility and the autonomy to innovate.
You will be managing a team of 7 Software Developers. As all development takes place onsite, this means fast decision-making. The successful candidate will have proactive communication, so individual team members remain aware of the timing and delivery expectations placed upon them. You will be part of the Global Software Development Management team and work, which includes four additional Software Leads. This role reports into the Head of Global Software Development. The split between people management and product responsibility is around 50/50.
This role is based in Pandrup.
As a Software Lead, your main responsibilities will involve:
- Lead software development product development and contribute to the development and extension of software platforms, and used software architectures and technologies in a matrix organization
- Working with Product Project Managers to develop and enforce a supportable delivery schedule based on agreed priorities and business requirements.
- People management (salaries, performance reviews, development plans to further the team’s professional development, hiring, etc.).
- Driving changes and improvements on a daily basis such as developing and promoting engineering processes and best practices including design reviews, code reviews, test driven development and continuous integration.
- Working with management team in the development of the team and organization strategy in a high performance team culture.
- Ensuring effective and open communication throughout the software team and with stakeholders.
We offer a self-contained work environment with good possibilities to set your own scene. The team is very strong and highly competent. Our work environment is open and informal. We base our interactions on trust and we try hard to live up to commitments.
As a Software Lead your key skills and qualifications will ideally include:
- Master or Bachelor in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Network Technology or equivalent.
- Experience with project management leading Agile software teams.
- Good understanding of product management/requirements is an advantage.
- Understanding the fundamentals of iterative and incremental development.
- Good people manager background - coaching, motivating, developing career plans for software team members.
- Strong knowledge of stakeholder management.
- Solid experience managing software development for embedded products.
- Strong understanding of software development practices such as environment management, release management, code versioning best practices, and continuous deployment methodologies.
Please be advised that successful candidates must be willing to present a criminal record and go through the mandatory security clearance prior to commencing employment with Cobham SATCOM
About Cobham SATCOM
Our satellite and radio communication terminals perform in the most challenging and remote environments on land, at sea and in the air. We design and manufacture these high-performance products under the AVIATOR, EXPLORER, SAILOR and Sea Tel brands providing customers with outstanding performance, value and support through our global sales and service network.