Imagine a future - where internet connectivity knows no boundaries. Do you want to join one of the leading manufacturers of communication and satellite equipment on a fantastic transformational journey?
Cobham SATCOM is looking for an Indirect Category Manager
Cobham SATCOM is a global tele-communication company where the main purpose of our technology is to keep people safe and connected in the remotest areas both at land and at sea. Big tech companies trust us to help them bring internet connectivity to remote communities, as we have what it takes to lead and deliver on the most ambitious communications projects. At Cobham SATCOM, our vision is to be the leader in remote connectivity, safeguarding and connecting people and ideas. This gives meaning to the work of our 500+ employees worldwide on an everyday basis. For passionate people looking for autonomy and exciting career opportunities, Cobham SATCOM truly has something special inside.
The purpose of this key role is to develop and lead the business unit’s indirect sourcing initiatives across their sites in Denmark and the US. Defining and implementing robust and agile indirect sourcing in support of the business’ needs and goals.
You will lead the implementation of effective and agile indirect sourcing management processes capable of achieving quality, cost reduction, delivery and continuous improvements throughout the strategic supply chain network for indirect sourcing, in support of the business unit’s needs and goals.
This role is in Lyngby, Copenhagen.
As an Indirect Category Manager, your qualifications should ideally be:
- 5–10+ years’ experience working as a buyer or commodity manager within a technology company with specific focus on indirect sourcing
- Experience of negotiating long term complex supplier agreements
- Certification in Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) and Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) is a plus
- Technical knowledge of commodities being managed
- Recognise the ways that supply chains link value chains
- Determine the success or failure rate of a business using financial accounting
- Supplier Relationship management
- Able to work to financial and time sensitive constraints
As an Indirect Category Manager, your key responsibilities will be:
- Build and Lead global indirect strategy; setting clear objectives; managing performance; developing skills and competencies.
- Lead indirect sourcing assessments including core context reviews, make buy plans, and developing and outsourcing strategy as required ensuring total cost of ownership is evaluated
- Identifying and implementing LTAs and subcontracts
- Securing a global supply base of all indirect cost that meets the organisations’ cost targets
- Collaborate across Cobham SATCOM facilities to implement indirect sourcing strategies for externally procured parts and services under Cobham Category Management and bundling of demand
- Lead indirect costing activities and drive cost reduction for all indirect cost efforts. Deriving and monitoring total cost of ownership and indirect cost reduction targets. Improving TCO and controlling Purchase Price Variances
- Conduct commodity market analysis & supplier profiles for current and emerging commodities and technologies
- Understand contractual flowdowns, quality, qualification, technical specifications, and current terms and conditions for improvement opportunities for all indirect cost
- Develop negotiation strategic plans to cancel, augment, change or implement new contracts
- Participate in supplier qualification process, and lead projects to improve quality, cost and delivery performance issues with suppliers.
- Understand existing contracts and supplier performance, conduct gaps analysis, and develop recommendations and implementation plans for all indirect sourcing Globally
- Develop a process for indirect procurement to understand future roadmap for all indirect costs and continuously improve process to drive down costs on all indirect sourcing
Starting your career at Cobham SATCOM means that you will be surrounded by peers that are experts in their field where you can learn from the best and gain relevant skills to adapt to this continuously changing world. Being part of Cobham SATCOM opens up opportunities for you to gain both professional and personal development in our performance-oriented environment, where social interactions are highly valued. You will become a part of a diverse organization on a transformational journey, where no two days look the same, working in a culturally diverse organization where both performance and fun are key elements. You will become part of a company where you will work together with talented, helpful and fun colleagues who value teamwork and integrity.
Beside a competitive salary package, we care about our employees and offer lunch canteen, social events and societies (wine tasting, art club, Friday bar, music band), sport clubs (skiing, cycling, adventure race, badminton), paid fulltime health and accident insurance and well equipped fitness room, but most importantly we care about you becoming one of us.
Please be advised that successful candidates must be willing to present a criminal record check and go through the mandatory security clearance prior to commencing employment with Cobham SATCOM.
Cobham SATCOM is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information.
About Cobham SATCOM
At Cobham SATCOM, we create, develop, innovate, and share the responsibility to fulfil our potential – both on a company and individual basis. We believe our culture of being highly innovated, our ability to continuously adapt to change, our capability to plan disciplined in connection to the demands and to foster a fun and inspiring work environment empowers us to achieve our ambitions. Join us and be part of bringing our inspiring projects to life. When connection matters you can count on Cobham SATCOM. It will be an exciting and rewarding journey so if you are up for a challenge we hope to hear from you.